SEO Tips and Tricks
In this competitive online world nowadays, everyone wants to get their websites in the top of Google Rankings. But there are certain rules and guidelines that need to be followed. As google keep on updating in their algorithm to optimize user's search experience it creating lot of confusion among webmasters how to focus on SEO. There has been a methodology that google give preference if there are more back links to your website or page.
But, As there has been lot of misuse of keywords & meta tags as well as fake back links now google has changed their algorithm to focus more on content of any web page. Google likes if you have relevant page title to your content & relevant keywords in url for the content then you will surely get preference.
- Google likes unique words.
- Google gives more preference to keywords those are matching the link of page & title.
- A proper heading for page should be given in H1 Tag. Also use of heading tags adds value.
- Page should be validated from W3C.
- Alt & Title Tags in Images & Links. Make sure that your title and alt tags are relevant, descriptive and accurate.
- Content structure should formatted as per google standards.
- Always define a clear navigation structure for the website.
- Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link.
- Create a sitemap for your users with links that point to all parts of your site.
- Create a useful, information-rich site with pages that clearly and accurately describe the content of your services.
- Add the words in the content users would type to find the pages.
- Always try to use alt text instead of images to display important keywords, contents or links.
- Keep the links on your pages to less than 100. Get other relevant sites link to yours. Manually submit your site to directories and search engines.
- Submit your site to Google.
- Submit an XML sitemap file at Google webmaster tools. Google uses sitemap file to learn about the structure and coverage of your site.
- Submit your site to relevant directories as well as to other industry-specific expert sites.
- Upload the robot.txt file on your web browser. This file tells crawlers which directories can or can not be crawled.
- Use robot.txt to prevent crawling of search result pages or other auto-generated pages that don’t add much value for users coming from search engines.
- Make pages for users, not for search engines.
- Avoid “doorway” pages with little or no original content.
- There are a lot of thing to consider when you are putting content in your website. Put content wisely.
- Your website should have seo friendly urls such as hire php developer & relevant keywords in page title & description too.
- Page titles should be unique & maximum 60 characters.
- Page description should be explain what that page is all about & max 300 characters. Use all 300 characters.
- Website should not have broken links & grammatical mistakes.